When it’s time to embark on a paving project for your commercial property, there are a lot of factors to consider: time, money, aesthetics, etc. Since paving is a significant investment, you want to do it right the first time. Though most reputable contractors will be using the same materials (i.e., state-approved asphalt mixes) for their projects, the level of skill, equipment quality, and dedication to customer service are what set certain contractors apart from the rest. In this blog post, we offer five tips for getting the best value from your paving contractor in the DC metro area.
To learn more about our asphalt paving services in Maryland, Washington, DC, and Northern Virginia, contact us online or call (301) 276-0886 today!
How Do I Get the Best Value from My Commercial Paving Contractor?
When it comes to company expenses, exterior maintenance can get pushed onto the back burner. However, enlisting a trustworthy paving contractor for your property is crucial in the long run. Here are five ways to get the best value from your commercial paving contractor in Maryland:
- Check your contractor’s referrals. Since paving is a significant investment—and one that is crucial for the success of your business—you want to make sure your contractor is reliable and reputable. Communicate with industry insiders (such as inspectors, builders, general contractors, etc.) to make sure you’re choosing the right people for the job.
- Give your contractor a clear budget so that they know what to recommend for your project. Make sure you know what you are getting by using precise language, offering clear guidelines, and asking the right questions. Your contractor will be able to advise in all areas (asphalt thickness, patching, curb and gutter adjustments, etc.) of your project.
- Determine your construction plan. Do you have any timing restrictions—day or night, weekdays or weekends? Will the project be completed all at once or in phases? Make these determinations before bidding out the project.
- Discuss potential change orders and how you will handle them. While a dependable contractor will be able to anticipate most unforeseen issues with a particular project, you may decide to change some of the work mid-project.
- Be available and keep lines of communication open during your project. In this case, if questions arise, you can make sure everything is completed on time and on budget.
Find a Professional Asphalt Paving Contractor in MD, DC & Northern VA
A.B. Veirs & Sons Paving has been serving the DC metro area with high-quality asphalt paving since 1947. With over seven decades of experience, we guarantee that your commercial property’s paving project will go as smoothly as possible. We serve a variety of clients in several industries, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for your business’s needs.
To create a plan for your paving project in Maryland, Washington, DC, or Northern Virginia, contact us online or call (301) 276-0886 today!